Welcome to my Page! Feel free to have a look around and view my work.

Thursday 23 September 2010

Developing my Photographs...

After each photograph I took I then had to develop it in the darkroom. I brought my camera back into the darkroom and only when inside the darkroom I removed the seal and the lid from my box. I then carefully took the piece of photographic paper and placed it shiny side down into “Developer” This is the chemicals used to reveal the photograph; I left my photograph in this solution for about 30 seconds.
I then took my photograph out of the developer using tongs and placed it in the “Stop” for 10 seconds. This stops the developer working and keeps the image the same.
I then placed my photo into the fixer for 30 seconds. After this I took out the photograph and brought it into the light to view my result, if I was happy with it I then took it back into the darkroom and left it in the fixer for another 5 minutes, my picture was then ready to be dried and put into my sketchbook. If I wasn’t happy with the result then I could just bin it straight away without putting it back into the fixer.
                                                  

No comments:

Post a Comment