Welcome to my Page! Feel free to have a look around and view my work.

Friday 1 October 2010

Radio Jingles, What we did... and evaluations.

First we created an Ident for our own radio show this had to include The name of our show, or our name or radio station. An Ident is a short piece of audio to tell people your identity.

http://www.supload.com/listen?s=BGkYID

Evaluation

This was the first thing we did, i found it fun to do and i think i did it with enthusiasm, I learnt what an ident was and why they're important in radio. because theyre was very little information to be included in this 5 second ident, i didn't find it hard sticking to 5 seconds. That was just the right amount of time to say what was needed. This first task was nice because i learnt all the basics how to use the audio recorder and transfer it onto the mac's how to use plug ins to insert effects to my work too. i was happy with my ident but if i were to do it again i would want to use different sound effects in the backround.

We also created a 30 second show promo to promote an upcoming show. i used mine to advertise my own show, i included the name of the show, what genre of music, what time and day it's on.

http://www.supload.com/listen?s=LPsHvL


Script for show promo

"Make sure you tune into my show
Becks on the decks
I will be playing you the very best in r and b and hip hop
Tomorrow night from 9-10
Guaranteed to make you wanna’
“Shake your ass” ... "

Evaluation of My show promo 

I am pleased with the show promo i made, i felt really confident with all the basic skills by the time i'd finished making it. I spent quite a long time downloading songs for the bases of my promo, which took a while as i had to go through each song and cut and erase the bits i did and didn't want. but once i had done this and used a couple of FX effects which were really helpful to link the clips from my songs together i also used the start of one song which had a really cool effect on it to join one clip to another. Although the script was quite short i managed to spread it out over the full 30 seconds so it wasn't all together and made the rest of the promo boring. I also tryed to find lyrics in songs that would fit in well, for example i used lyrics "Stop the track" By Beyonce- Diva, at the end. I am pleased with what i made, and found it interesting learning new skills.

We also had invent an imaginary product and make a 25 second advert to advertise it on the radio.

http://www.supload.com/listen?s=tCoTvn

Evaluation

I invented a "Milli Tree" which would be sold in B&Q Stores, it basically just grows money! For me this was my favourate task to do because i was free to do whatever i liked, and use my inmaination to invent anything!  Before i began to make my advert, and once i had my idea clear i thought of the music or sound effects i was going to use, because i knew thats what would grab the listeners attention. so i thought of songs related to money and came up with Lil Wayne - A Milli. I am so pleased i thought of this song because listening back i think it works really well, i wen't for the more, "In your face" approach to selling my product, by starting straight away and i tryed to make my voice much louder and enthusiastic. At first i had music at the beginning and end, but then decided to play the same music throughout the duration of my advert but just made it quieter, i think it sounds a lot more professional than it did before i'd made this change. I could have cut the parts i wanted better, and had more space inbetween each line, becasue some of the words don't even end propely becasue i accidently cut it too soon. I found it quite hard using the scissor tool when i was working with a tiny bit of audio and improving this is somthing i want to work on.


No comments:

Post a Comment